Bathrooms are used daily and see a lot of traffic and activity. For this reason, cleanliness is extremely important as is keeping your bathroom as green and eco-friendly as you possibly can. If you’re not sure how to go about this, here are five ways that can help you keep your bathroom environmentally friendly.
- Purchase products that are green. With all the options available in stores these days this is not difficult to do. There are numerous cleaning products, shampoos, soaps and body washes that are eco-friendly and free of any toxins or chemicals. Purchasing such products means you’re not only positively affecting your health, but the environment as well. If you want to take it one step further, you can also buy recycled shower curtains and use mats made of bamboo to really keep things green in your bathroom.
- Stop wasting water. This is something we all need to work on because many of us are guilty of leaving the water running while brushing our teeth or styling our hair when we can easily turn it off. This act alone can make a huge difference and reduce water waste significantly.
- Keeping the window (if you have one) open will help keep your bathroom green. This is especially important when showering because an open window will help disperse moisture while helping keep the indoor air pure and clean.
- Try to put ceramic tile walls in your bathrooms as opposed to drywall which causes mould to easily form due to the moisture it absorbs. Ceramic helps minimize both moisture and mould, which will help keep your bathroom green and clean.
- While this may be a bit tough to do, try replacing your toilet and sink for one that is environmentally friendly through its design and function. Today’s technology allows these bathroom components to be low flow while high on efficiency, allowing you to save water as well as the environment. An additional bonus is that it will help reduce your water bill, so it’s a win-win situation all around.
These are five great ways of contributing to the environment and a great way to make your bathroom better. If you’re interested in eco-friendly bathroom options and want to improve your own health in the process, contact Alex Chong Building today! Located in London, Ontario, they can help you with all of your home renovations, including bathroom cabinets, so don’t hesitate to call them right away!